Monday, December 19, 2011

Sølve Sundsbø

Sølve Sundsbø (1970, Norway) is one of the biggest stars in fashion photography nowadays. His career was hard to kickstart since he would hear things like: 'I'm not sure I can hire you, I'm not sure what you're doing. What is your style?'"If I've got a style," says Sundsbo, "it's that I've got no style.", he said in an interview to The Independent. His work incorporates X-rays and 3-D scanning, among hi-tech manipulation and hand-painted retouching. Also, "People assume my work has been through a computer but actually I also use a lot of old-fashioned techniques," he says.  While he was in a course at the London College of Printing he received a call from Nick Knight (!), in need of an assistant. He became then highly acclaimed by Tom Ford and others and produced a piece with Alexander McQueen for the Florence Biennale.
His advertising clients include Chanel, Cartier, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, H&M and Yves Saint Laurent. Sundsbø has also created editorials for Italian Vogue, Love Magazine, Visionaire, i-D, among others. He has directed short films for Chanel, Gucci and SHOWstudio. His New York Times piece “14 Actors Acting” won an Emmy Award for New Approaches to News & Documentary Programming: Arts, Lifestyle and Culture in 2011.











Check his work at www.artandcommerce.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips